Known for the exclusive signature that emblazons some of the most precious and
beautiful watch and jewelry creations in the world, the Van Cleef & Arpels watch has a
long and illustrious history. A family endeavor from the beginning, in 1906 Charles,
Julien and Louis Arpels, partnered with their brother-in-law, Alfred Van Cleef, to open
their first salon dedicated to the creation of exquisite watch designs.
The original store is still housed in the Parabčre palace on the famous and historical Place Vendôme in Paris, neighbor to several other famous names in the art of fine jewelry and watch making, Breguet and Boucheron.
The House of Van Cleef & Arpels soon reached international acclaim and in 1942, the family opened a New York salon on Fifth Avenue. In 1954, recognizing the appeal of more contemporary watch designs and lines of fine jewelry, Van Cleef & Arpels opened their signature Boutique to carry truly magnificent creations each engraved with a distinctive serial number. Among the many treasured designs offered by the Boutique were their Clover "Alhambra" chains, the "Philippine" rings the "Lion" clip, the interchangeable "Batonnets" cufflinks, and most notably, the famed "PA 49" watch designed by Pierre Arpels in 1949.
The Van Cleef & Arpels watch is as distinguished, exclusive and elegant as any watch found in the world today.
Auguste Reymond Baume et Mercier Bell and Ross Breitling Cartier Concord Dubey and Schaldenbrand Ebel Givenchy Gucci IWC Krieger Longines MOMO Movado Omega Rolex TAG Heuer XEMEX Zenith